Lou Lou's World!

A 30 something girl in an ordinary world

 
Admirers!
My Family
Lou Lou - Me!::::::: Hubby - Long suffering husband ::::::: Princess - My almost 11 year old daughter ::::::: Beast Dog - My collie cross (who is anything but a beast! ::::::: Arum and Scarum - My folks::::::: Sis- My little sister who is taller than me!::::::: Scarlet - My bestest friend
Medically Me!
The two biggest medical events were in 1998 when I fractured my spine and in 2003 when I had a golf ball sized benign tumour removed from my breast.
Odd Me!
I broke my wrist trying to recreate Balero on roller skates, on my own... (twat)::::::: I'm very scared of mice, but cockroaches don't really bother me!(as much)::::::: I am a bit compulsive about washing my hands ::::::: I have Singstar rating singing "Heaven is a Place on Earth!"
Random
Under Construction! - More to come here!
..::Egg Bashing::..
Saturday, March 19, 2005
There's nowt like a good bit of egg bashing, so they tell me.......
Friday brought the exciting event of the bashing of the eggs at Princess's school, the annual easter event looked forward to by all. Except I had no idea wtf it was.

So i did a few online searches....which heralded rather a lot of information on dubious subjects....none of which were what I was looking for, no honestly it wasn't!

What I was looking for were tips on boiling the egg, yeah i know add egg to water and boil, but what I wanted was tips to make it super strong, without treating it with anything. I found sweet feck all.

Egg bashing is a little known sport of bashing hard boiled eggs point to point. If you crack, you're out, a bit like conkers really.

So i took a chance put 4 eggs in a pan and slow boiled them. All but one cracked. Bollocks. Friday morning came and we wrapped the remaining egg delicately in napkins and put it in it's box and went to school. I said my goodbyes and good lucks and left her to it.

Last day of term, means mufty day * for those of you not knowing its a non uniform day* and early finish. 12pm. I almost forgot! I was so busy doing my course! I got there just as she was let out to big smiles.

Not only did my baby's egg beat all the eggs in her class, but she made the semi finals and came 3rd overall of the school! My baby the egg basher! Yay. The egg barely has cracked after all that competition!

Last night once more i was completely bolloxed and another early night called for. I don't understand why i am bloody tired all the damn time. Today we popped out to get new trainers for Princess she's had yet another growth spurt! We popped to the local large toy place, a bit like toys r us but not as good. Princess saw a Gameboy advance sp. She is absolutely desparate for one.

She wants to save for one herself. Even asked if i had any jobs for her to do to earn to save for one bless her. I offered to get her one nad she said no she wanted to pay for it herself! Anyway she has a bit of money in her purse and is pleading with me to lend her the rest to buy one. Big puppy eyes, so pleading pitifully i was almost in tears and still i had to say NO.I had to turn away to stop the tears. You see my Mum and Dad have already got her one and it's being sent out as i type. I can't wait to see her face when she opens the parcel! It was breaking my heart to say no.

This afternoon until about an hour ago i've had a massive headache that wouldn't bloody go. Rugby has been on all bloody afternoon and evening here too. I've had enough now. I'm already in my pjs.... i feel a lot better now though.

Tomorrow brings a quiet chill day with a little ironing and the rest of the week well the next two weeks it's half term so i'll be out and about with princess. She's having a sleepover on tuesday which should be fun. At some time i need to go into the city and do some shopping, I have to go get some bits for my new niece/nephew too, due in 3 weeks. very excited. I also need a new interview outfit.

oh well i'll shiut up now. Scarlet is still alive contrary to popular belief, she is going to post, aren't you babe. she's been completely caught up with this new job and has had little time to herself. anyway she's done something relly exciting this week and i know she's going to share it......

laters

Love
L
xxxxx
posted by Lou Lou @ 7:10:00 pm  
|
About Me

Name: Lou Lou
Home: Europe
About Me: I'm 5ft 3 1/2 and i have green eyes and long brunette hair that tends to have a mind of its own
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
  • Email Me!
  • Blogroll Me!
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

BLOGGER

© 2006 Lou Lou's World! .Template by Isnaini Dot Com