Lou Lou's World!

A 30 something girl in an ordinary world

 
Admirers!
My Family
Lou Lou - Me!::::::: Hubby - Long suffering husband ::::::: Princess - My almost 11 year old daughter ::::::: Beast Dog - My collie cross (who is anything but a beast! ::::::: Arum and Scarum - My folks::::::: Sis- My little sister who is taller than me!::::::: Scarlet - My bestest friend
Medically Me!
The two biggest medical events were in 1998 when I fractured my spine and in 2003 when I had a golf ball sized benign tumour removed from my breast.
Odd Me!
I broke my wrist trying to recreate Balero on roller skates, on my own... (twat)::::::: I'm very scared of mice, but cockroaches don't really bother me!(as much)::::::: I am a bit compulsive about washing my hands ::::::: I have Singstar rating singing "Heaven is a Place on Earth!"
Random
Under Construction! - More to come here!
progress report
Thursday, November 24, 2005
I'm knackered, completely knackered.
I never wanted to do something so much in all my life, apart from to shag robbie williams, and the bloke that plays alex in dark angel!
seriously.
i am not a portswoman in any way shape or form. sporting prowess doesn't come naturally to me, in fact it doesn't come at all. school pe lessons were the most hated experiences of school, and taught me to loath sport rather than love it so i have always shirked away from sport, well taking part in it.
then i moved here, and my life changed i've learnt so much about myself and learnt just how much i can do. i have tried so many sports here, all water based and have been not much good at any of them, but i've given them all a bloody good go. As i said i am not a sportswoman i have no balance and i guess i'm pretty negative.

and then monday happened.

i was scared i admit it, i was, i was shitting myself and yeah i was fecking awful and hopeless. and then tuesday came and went and as i said i improved. then last night and again i made a little progress.

tonight.

i am so fecking proud of myself.

i have worked so hard. and for once in my life i am starting to really enjoy sport. skiing. for me, tonight things really started to click into place. i got brave, went up a little higher, managed to execute a controlled turn, and stop! i got braver went a little higher, and whilst everyone else was off the slope for a break i climbed a bit higher and whilst everyone else was enjoying hot chocolate i had the slope to myself. slowly i managed not one turn, but two! so i climbed a little higher and tried once more, and feeling a little braver went for it again managing a couple of turns and a half all in control. by the end of the break i was skiing slowly, but i was skiing and i was turning 4 times! letting out shouts of yes as i nailed them.

by the end of my lesson i had ventured right to the top of the slope and was negotiating my way down slowly, but in perfect control, executing my turns and smiling.

i am so proud of myself. i have never wanted to succeed at anything so badly. when i look back at monday i have improved so much in fact looking back at monday i could never have dreamed that i am where i am today, and hopefully a lot better tomorrow too! i even started getting frustrated with myself for not getting enough speed up, well a bit faster anyway. i am so so chuffed.

who would have thought? i wouldn't

aching a bit, but hey i've even lost weight since monday! will post tomorrows progress and whether i manage to earn a certificate!

the only new years resolution i've ever kept,

living life to the full

Love
L
xxxx

ps get well soon scarlet baby xx
posted by Lou Lou @ 7:50:00 pm  
|
About Me

Name: Lou Lou
Home: Europe
About Me: I'm 5ft 3 1/2 and i have green eyes and long brunette hair that tends to have a mind of its own
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
  • Email Me!
  • Blogroll Me!
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

BLOGGER

© 2006 Lou Lou's World! .Template by Isnaini Dot Com