Lou Lou's World!

A 30 something girl in an ordinary world

 
Admirers!
My Family
Lou Lou - Me!::::::: Hubby - Long suffering husband ::::::: Princess - My almost 11 year old daughter ::::::: Beast Dog - My collie cross (who is anything but a beast! ::::::: Arum and Scarum - My folks::::::: Sis- My little sister who is taller than me!::::::: Scarlet - My bestest friend
Medically Me!
The two biggest medical events were in 1998 when I fractured my spine and in 2003 when I had a golf ball sized benign tumour removed from my breast.
Odd Me!
I broke my wrist trying to recreate Balero on roller skates, on my own... (twat)::::::: I'm very scared of mice, but cockroaches don't really bother me!(as much)::::::: I am a bit compulsive about washing my hands ::::::: I have Singstar rating singing "Heaven is a Place on Earth!"
Random
Under Construction! - More to come here!
the weekend that was
Monday, July 11, 2005
In honor of my starting work on Wednesday, for the first time in almost 1 year! (I've been here 11 months now!) i went shopping to purchase my new work wardrobe.

Sophisticated, capsule, sexy, classy,feminine and cool is how i'd describe it.

Elevenses.... yummy almond croissant stuffed with a custardy type filling and a cuppa to boost my lagging energy. Weighted down with tops, skirts, (my new signiture item) thongs, bras (gotta have something nice to wear under it all) I am rather pleased with myself. I haven't had such a splurge in forever. Clothes shopping is a very depressing thing to do here.

I've had a quiet weekend chilling on the beach. Princess has been waterskiing and bananaboating to her hearts content. I've gotten a bit browner, i've also lost 3lb's! I haven't even tried! Yesterday afternoon after a morning on the beach, i spent at home laying on the lilo in our pool, which is beckoning me as i type. It's so bloody hot today about 34 degrees. Even the breeze is hot.

All this is very nice and pretty shallow.

The news however is not. Dear Minnow had a close call. So many others were not as lucky. My heart goes out to them. As i sit and watch the news, the anonomous faces on posters with phone numbers on them, have you seen? missing! Where is? A large lump catches in my throat, the tears prick at my eyes and i feel so sad. Watching anything to do with 9/11 still effects me, who doesn't it? I know there is nothing i can do. I know nothing i can say can help. I wish it could. how i wish. It breaks my heart.

And yet yesterday shining bright, our message to the world. You will never beat us! The fabulous Veteran Celebrations. The pride of London. The pride of Britain. We are strong, we are united, and you will not change us. I think that although not meant to be it was perfect, a wonderful bit of propaganda. Two fingers up at the evil scum. The courage displayed in the last few days is a force to be reckoned with. Be warned.

Also something else has come to light. I was absolutely disgusted to hear on the news that some unscrupulous hotels in london were doubling and trippling their rates on thursday. Their doors should have been flung open to all, to anyone, not profit mongering out of tragedy. It makes me sick that people can behave that way in the midst of chaos confusion and crisis.

On a lighter note, but decidedly stressful, annoying i popped down to the cashpoint before my shopping trip this morning. I put my card in prepared to punch in my pin, and the bastard thing crashed. It went into meltdown, with my bloody card stuck inside it. I stood there for 10 minutes pressing buttons trying to get my card out. In the end i walked away rung hubby and got him to sort them out whilst i was out, which he did. It was most stressful. I was fuming. Thank god the bank of deborah could lend me some cash! Thanks babe xx

I also have developed an anoying habit of attempting to unlock my front door, by pressing the remote control on my keyfob! I have done this rather a lot of late.

Extreme ironing last night.....a la bikini not quite daring enough to do it naked...i keep buring my tummy!

Right off to have a chat to Scarlet before i jump in the pool.

Love
L
xxxx
posted by Lou Lou @ 12:55:00 pm  
|
About Me

Name: Lou Lou
Home: Europe
About Me: I'm 5ft 3 1/2 and i have green eyes and long brunette hair that tends to have a mind of its own
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
  • Email Me!
  • Blogroll Me!
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

BLOGGER

© 2006 Lou Lou's World! .Template by Isnaini Dot Com