Lou Lou's World!

A 30 something girl in an ordinary world

 
Admirers!
My Family
Lou Lou - Me!::::::: Hubby - Long suffering husband ::::::: Princess - My almost 11 year old daughter ::::::: Beast Dog - My collie cross (who is anything but a beast! ::::::: Arum and Scarum - My folks::::::: Sis- My little sister who is taller than me!::::::: Scarlet - My bestest friend
Medically Me!
The two biggest medical events were in 1998 when I fractured my spine and in 2003 when I had a golf ball sized benign tumour removed from my breast.
Odd Me!
I broke my wrist trying to recreate Balero on roller skates, on my own... (twat)::::::: I'm very scared of mice, but cockroaches don't really bother me!(as much)::::::: I am a bit compulsive about washing my hands ::::::: I have Singstar rating singing "Heaven is a Place on Earth!"
Random
Under Construction! - More to come here!
..::My life Is In Boxes::..
Sunday, June 27, 2004
I awoke early pissed off that i had only got just under 4 hours sleep and strugged to get going.

Just before 8 am they arrived....wielding large roll of bubble wrap sticky tape and boxes.

The kettle was boiling....surely they can't have heard it? Well it was obvious I had to make them a cuppa before anything would start, I neeed one myself anyway! Took Princess next door, lovely neighbour was taking her to school for me.

Cuppas all round and it began.

They separated off into different rooms asking me what was going and what wasn't. You see the whole nightmare of this move is that 3/4 of our possessions have got to go into storage. It has been sheer hell deciding what we can do without and what we can't.

Due to Super Lou Lou last night mostly all was in order, just bits and pieces to sort. They said they'd be gone by lunchtime.....Famous last words.

I struggled to do paperwork, and compile packing lists in triplicate, those of you in the know will understand just how difficult this is for me due to my "undiagnosed condition" It was a fucking nightmare and I had to make severla extreamly long distance phonecalls to check what i was doing was ok.

Of course the kettle was kept boiling I nipped out later on to buy biscuits and something for a snack. They just loved me when I produced BLT Baguettes. It pays to keep them sweet.

The guys in all honesty were fantastic. They were amazingly helpful and I really appreciated it, me having to deal with this on my own due to Hubby working away..... talk about bad fucking timing the wankers at his work wouldn't give him the day off. (hell be home tomorrow)

The washing machine was drained, safety bolts added and wrapped. I did the dishwasher, and managed to flood the kitchen floor pmsl

It has to be the hardest day I've had in a long time.
To cut this short i'll fast forward to 4.30pm!
Cue Dodgy time travel music!

So 4.30pm arrived and they thought they'd be gone by lunchtime pmsl
Finally the last box is packed and placed on the truck until muggins walks into the kitchen and realises they haven't packed the kttle pmsl I mean the most important thing apart from the pc!!!

Then I had to verify the paperwork and get it signed and then ask next neighbour to witness it!.... which he did whilst wearing a pair of briefs only pmsl Very dodgy briefs too!

They left. The truck drove off as I watched and went insode and closed the door.

AND THEN IT HIT ME.........

It was real, this fantasy was real, it's going ahead and we were moving thousands of miles away from a place I have lived for 5 years but never called home.

Suddenly it was....Home. And bit by bit that day as the fabric of my family's life was packed it began to dawn on me. I actually did have feelings for this place, this stack of bricks and morter.

I reached for the phone so i could let Hubby know all was well, it was hard to speak i was so choked with emotion, he thought it was the phoneline breaking up but it was my voice. He told me to go have a sit down, drink some wine and relax not to worry about tidying. I said goodbye and told him I love him.

The shock of it sent me reeling.... and my tears began to fall (like they are doing now I can barely see to type) the tears became huge great big wracking sobs as i sat huddled alone on the sofa surrounded by emptyness surrounded by echoes of laughter and love.

I never expected it to be like this..... so hard. I never expected to feel this loss.

The rest of the furniture goes in 4 weeks, and goes into storage while we begin a new life. I have bare necessities around me, a skeleton of household effects. The sofas will go into storage so at least we have something to sit on and beds too. And then the new chapter in our life begins.

It's exciting you know, really it is and I am excited, but right now as the tears are falling once more, I sit here gone 2pm and i'm not even dressed. It hurts, it really hurts.

And yet I really can't wait to go!

love
Lou Lou
xxxxxxx

PS Comming to a PC near you Soon! On my move I will be launching a sister site dealing with my new life.... xxxx
posted by Lou Lou @ 2:20:00 am  
|
About Me

Name: Lou Lou
Home: Europe
About Me: I'm 5ft 3 1/2 and i have green eyes and long brunette hair that tends to have a mind of its own
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
  • Email Me!
  • Blogroll Me!
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

BLOGGER

© 2006 Lou Lou's World! .Template by Isnaini Dot Com