Lou Lou's World!

A 30 something girl in an ordinary world

 
Admirers!
My Family
Lou Lou - Me!::::::: Hubby - Long suffering husband ::::::: Princess - My almost 11 year old daughter ::::::: Beast Dog - My collie cross (who is anything but a beast! ::::::: Arum and Scarum - My folks::::::: Sis- My little sister who is taller than me!::::::: Scarlet - My bestest friend
Medically Me!
The two biggest medical events were in 1998 when I fractured my spine and in 2003 when I had a golf ball sized benign tumour removed from my breast.
Odd Me!
I broke my wrist trying to recreate Balero on roller skates, on my own... (twat)::::::: I'm very scared of mice, but cockroaches don't really bother me!(as much)::::::: I am a bit compulsive about washing my hands ::::::: I have Singstar rating singing "Heaven is a Place on Earth!"
Random
Under Construction! - More to come here!
~~Weird weekend.....Lost in Middle Earth!~~
Monday, August 23, 2004
Good Morning All.

Well, my weekend didn't go quite according to plan, infact it was bizarre to say the least!!! Not entirely unusual I know in the Evie She She la Rue household, but non the less it felt at times like i was in another dimension...LOL

Ok.....Saturday passed by in somewhat of a blur, our usual trip to the Grandparents house and lunch and playing, a trip to the library...weather was good, which makes a pleasant change of late!
Saturday night there was f*ck all on TV, well apart from the Olympics, so hubby and I thought we'd sit down with a glass of wine, nibbles and choccie and watch a film. As usual neither one of us could decide wot we wanted to watch...in the end we settled on Lord Of The Rings.
Yes I know I must be one of the last remaining peeps on the planet not to of seen the Hobbit Trilogy, didn't really think it was gonna be my thing, but thought I'd give it a go.
What can I say????
Within the first 10 mins I was totally sucked in, whisked along on this fantastical adventure, amid scenery that was breath-takingly beautiful against the ugliness of much of its characters. We finished watching the first film a little before midnight, but i had to start the second one, had to see where the story was going, had to cling onto the hope that those little Hobbit lads would be successful in their journey. I thought I'll give it 'til 1am and then switch off and go to bed, 1 past, then 1.30am and I am still there, still intrigued, still caught up in this magical masterpiece....eventually at just before 2am I had to succumb finally to my bed, my heart was willing to see it through but sadly my eyelids no longer could...LOL

Sunday...I wake up to breakfast in bed, courtesy of my darlin husband, we're off to a family Bar-b-que lunch time, so we potter about and finally set off about midday. Now this is where I lose all sense of logic and indeed common sense.
While getting my daughter into her car seat, I place the bags and jackets on the back seat of the car and put my purse on the roof while I strap her in......I know I know it sounds fuckin crazy, it does to me as I am writing it!! Its something i do all the time, place my keys and my purse on the roof of the car while I strap her in, but this isn't my car and I'm not driving. Therefore I don't pick my keys off the roof, because I don't have them with me..................or my purse!!!

FUCK, FUCK, FUCK!!!!

It's a fair way before I remember that I don't have my purse with me, hubby says it's ok he put it in the bag, I said I know i took it out when I put the little 'un in and put it on the roof of the car! He looks at me, I can feel the anger beginning to boil in him, the smoke is starting to emanate out of every orifice of his head.
F*ck, why am I so f*ckin stupid????? Don't answer that please! pmsl


He swings the car round and we head home again, lookin as we go, maybe it fell off on the drive and it'll be there when we get home, yeah and maybe the sky will turn green with red stripes!!!!!
We get home......nothing!


I don't wanna talk, I feel such a f*ckin idiot, I can feel him glaring at me, I can't feel any worse than I do already, I'm angry with myself, angry with the world,angry.................
The phone rings.............it's work, the nice girl on reception says "Evie have you lost your purse Dahlin?"
"Errr yeah how did you.......?"
"Someone found it down the road, recognised the staff card and phoned it in, I have a number for you to ring........!"

WOW......I can't believe it, I relay the phonecall to my hubby, he can't believe it!
Our faith in human nature has been restored, all the unkind words and accusations fall at the wayside and I collapse in his arms in tears.
I don't care about credit cards and debit cards or even about the £10.57 in cash that was in my purse, but there is a part of me that is in that small piece of leather, pictures of my kids, my hubby, stubbs from the Cinema visits with my eldest daughter........things I can never replace.
Lucky for me the person that picked it up, in the middle of a busy roundabout, while cars were to-ing and fro-ing was an honest, decent human being.

So you see my weekend was indeed strange, but comforting and in an odd way rewarding.
And Yes I did watch the end of the Trilogy, with tears in my eyes and hope in my heart, i willed those Hobbits on to the end.
The power of film is indeed a remarkable thing, but so too is the milk of human kindness.

Love to you all,
Evie
xxx
*blissfully lounging somewhere in The Shire*


posted by Sugar @ 11:01:00 am  
|
About Me

Name: Lou Lou
Home: Europe
About Me: I'm 5ft 3 1/2 and i have green eyes and long brunette hair that tends to have a mind of its own
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
  • Email Me!
  • Blogroll Me!
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

BLOGGER

© 2006 Lou Lou's World! .Template by Isnaini Dot Com