Lou Lou's World!

A 30 something girl in an ordinary world

 
Admirers!
My Family
Lou Lou - Me!::::::: Hubby - Long suffering husband ::::::: Princess - My almost 11 year old daughter ::::::: Beast Dog - My collie cross (who is anything but a beast! ::::::: Arum and Scarum - My folks::::::: Sis- My little sister who is taller than me!::::::: Scarlet - My bestest friend
Medically Me!
The two biggest medical events were in 1998 when I fractured my spine and in 2003 when I had a golf ball sized benign tumour removed from my breast.
Odd Me!
I broke my wrist trying to recreate Balero on roller skates, on my own... (twat)::::::: I'm very scared of mice, but cockroaches don't really bother me!(as much)::::::: I am a bit compulsive about washing my hands ::::::: I have Singstar rating singing "Heaven is a Place on Earth!"
Random
Under Construction! - More to come here!
..:;home at last::..
Wednesday, October 06, 2004
i'm here, i'm home, i'm a bit dizzy but whats new?
So i got up really early after a fitfull sleep and hubby took me to hospital.

After being told to strip off into the hospital issue gown.....printed all over with hospital property in case i felt like pinching it my stats were taken and i was shortly taken down to theatre.

Hubby came with me. I laid terrified on the trolley as the put drains in and stuff and cried with the pain as hubby became unfocused.

I woke some time later crying, sobbing, uncoherantly unable to see. oxygen mask on, gradually the recovery room came into focus and still i cried. For some reason i was holding my lower right breast. The theatre sister reassuring but still i cried. She told me it was a success and they got it all.She said she'd ring hubby who'd gone to work to let him know i was ok. My nurse from the ward arrived to get me, and i was wheeled back. i was told i had a drain in and i wasn't going home. Iwas Still crying.

I arrive on the ward to the best sight in the world. My hubby had waited for me. And still i cried.
Eventually he left and i drifted off. I spent a lot of time drifting in and out. I was lucid for a bit when they informed me i was poorly, my bp had dropped very low to 70/40. It stayed down for some time rose a little but still was 85/40. I was on 15 min obs.
i couldnt even go for a pee cos i was blacking out and zoning out al very odd and scarey in the end i was able to pee on a wheelchair commode type thing, oh the indignity!
Drifting in and out i woke up had a little toast and drifted off.. Hubby princess and the inlaws arrived just as i was eating dinner.
All evening i drifted in and out until 2.33am when i was awake and couldnt sleep again

i was woken at 6am again my bp very very low.
I had a good brekkie and managed to start sitting up which was a massive improvment.......my drain was full so they changed it. I managed to sit up for some time and even with help walked to the toilets, which did me a heap of good cos my bp raised
i saw the surgeon and he advied i could have me drian out as i had slowed down my bloodloss and could just have a pressure dressing on, and then this afternoon i could go home!!!

so here i am at home
i'm hurting but ok
sorry this was a bit homour less but i'm not feeling on top form as you would imagine

thanks to all of you for your thoughts and good wishes by comment and email
i'm off to pop some more pain killers

love

lou lou
xxxxx
posted by Lou Lou @ 1:53:00 pm  
|
About Me

Name: Lou Lou
Home: Europe
About Me: I'm 5ft 3 1/2 and i have green eyes and long brunette hair that tends to have a mind of its own
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
  • Email Me!
  • Blogroll Me!
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

BLOGGER

© 2006 Lou Lou's World! .Template by Isnaini Dot Com