Lou Lou's World!

A 30 something girl in an ordinary world

 
Admirers!
My Family
Lou Lou - Me!::::::: Hubby - Long suffering husband ::::::: Princess - My almost 11 year old daughter ::::::: Beast Dog - My collie cross (who is anything but a beast! ::::::: Arum and Scarum - My folks::::::: Sis- My little sister who is taller than me!::::::: Scarlet - My bestest friend
Medically Me!
The two biggest medical events were in 1998 when I fractured my spine and in 2003 when I had a golf ball sized benign tumour removed from my breast.
Odd Me!
I broke my wrist trying to recreate Balero on roller skates, on my own... (twat)::::::: I'm very scared of mice, but cockroaches don't really bother me!(as much)::::::: I am a bit compulsive about washing my hands ::::::: I have Singstar rating singing "Heaven is a Place on Earth!"
Random
Under Construction! - More to come here!
~~Like a child again~~
Saturday, September 04, 2004
Today I stood at my Nana's door and cried like a little girl, as my husband drove away with my parents to the airport.
Five weeks they have been "home" now and I've been dreading this day since the hour they arrived.
My son went with them to the airport, his little choking sobs as he asked his father if he could go was enough to make my husband turn away and catch his breath so as not to break down himself.
The look of heart break on the face of your 6 year old son is not something that leaves you easily.

I tried to be strong, tried to hold it all in but as i caught my son's eye as he left the house, we shared a moment of loss, both of us knowing in an instant how the other felt. He smiled at me, a very grown up, "it'll be ok Mum" smile, that tore at my heart.
The little 'un, thankfully was blissfully unaware of her grandparents departure and my eldest daughter had said her Goodbye's already.

It never gets easier saying Goodbye and I never stop hoping that one day they will return for good, maybe get fed up of lying on the beach all day.......no f*ckin chance I'd say!

Tomorrow will come and it'll be like they were never here and Monday school will start and life will return to "normal" once more.
And we'll forget that she was here everyday, and that she was just around the corner and go back to counting the days 'til we see her again.

I was never close to my Mum as a kid. But as the years have flown by and I have a family of my own, our relationship has grown and blossomed into something more than just Mother and Daughter.

I miss her dearly and often wish her choices had been different, that she was a little closer not and entire ocean away.

So I dedicate this post to my Mum, who I know at this moment will be weeping in my father's arms at the loss of her family again and who has the beauty of a swan, the patience of a saint, the wisdom of maturity and experience, the softest of skins and the sweet smell of "home" when enveloped in her arms.

I miss you Mum.


Love
Evie
xxx

posted by Sugar @ 7:55:00 pm  
|
About Me

Name: Lou Lou
Home: Europe
About Me: I'm 5ft 3 1/2 and i have green eyes and long brunette hair that tends to have a mind of its own
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
  • Email Me!
  • Blogroll Me!
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

BLOGGER

© 2006 Lou Lou's World! .Template by Isnaini Dot Com