Lou Lou's World!

A 30 something girl in an ordinary world

 
Admirers!
My Family
Lou Lou - Me!::::::: Hubby - Long suffering husband ::::::: Princess - My almost 11 year old daughter ::::::: Beast Dog - My collie cross (who is anything but a beast! ::::::: Arum and Scarum - My folks::::::: Sis- My little sister who is taller than me!::::::: Scarlet - My bestest friend
Medically Me!
The two biggest medical events were in 1998 when I fractured my spine and in 2003 when I had a golf ball sized benign tumour removed from my breast.
Odd Me!
I broke my wrist trying to recreate Balero on roller skates, on my own... (twat)::::::: I'm very scared of mice, but cockroaches don't really bother me!(as much)::::::: I am a bit compulsive about washing my hands ::::::: I have Singstar rating singing "Heaven is a Place on Earth!"
Random
Under Construction! - More to come here!
..::gunpowder treason and plot::..
Friday, November 05, 2004
Remember remember the fifth of November
Gunpowder, treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
Should ever be forgot...

Bonfire night is upon us once more. I love Bonfire night.Happy times, many nights snuggled up in the cold and damp,hands in gloves, coat, woolly hat, welly boots. Sparklers, the pungent smell of gunpoder, fire and ash. crunching leaves underfoot. Smiling faces, laughing children oohing and aaaahing.

Except.....................................

It was surreal. Shorts, t-shirts in November, gathered around a bonfire!
As i stood with my daughter and her friend i gazed up in the sky oohing and aahing with the rest of them at the beautiful colours sparkling in the night sky I have to say i pushed back a tear or two. Swallowed a few times to clear my frogging up throat.

Fireworks and brass bands have the ability to do this to me, why i don't know but it moves me. I smiled and thought of my dearest friends and family back in blighty, as i stood with new friends.

I missed sparklers. We couldn't get any. The fireworks were fabulous. The colours lighting up the night sky. I felt a pang for the cold, the damp, the cosyness of a woolly hat and scarf. The smell of good old bangers and mash.

I happen to have liked standing on the beach, under the stars, in a t-shirt, although none of the smells from home were there. yes there was a bonfire, and yes fireworks. But all i could smell was salty air.

Autumn. i miss it.

So as you've gathered i'm decidedly more upbeat today! I've been for a lovely walk first thing this morning along the beach on the dunes and under the cliffs, dodging locusts and other creepy crawlies we have here. I've also had a massage which was fantastic. I felt lighter afterwards. My therapist said my shoulder feels like frozen peas/bubble wrap under the skin! A problem i am aware of and am having physio for. But whatever she did made it heaps better for today it was infra red i think.
I've been busy the rest of today and princess is having a sleepover as i type, and i'm keeping them awake with my typing. (in the lounge cos they want to sleep downstairs) So i'll call it a night in a moment.

I got the last bit of the remeber rhyme from this site. Whilst i was there i took a look, its fantastic. I found my old favourite i sang to my daughter, but no one else i knew had known it. I often wondered if my mum had made it up, but there it was

I gotta say i was choked up. How soppy am i?

I am learning i need to accept what has happened to me, and as recommended by you lovely people, celebrate the fact i am alive and benign. I guess sometimes you need to hear things from another perpective. I'm sorry i've been self obsessed lately. I've been a boring bitch. Now i've gotta get on with it. I'm sure i'll have other crap days. But i'll run back through and read your kind words and it'll kick my arse into touch once more.

I do have a little news i'd like to share the lovely talented Andre, has asked me to be a guest blogger. MOI! I am i have to say completely flattered and choked he would ask wee me. I am but a droplet of the talent he has, and of his other guest bloggers who have all been mindblowingly good. I shall obsess now for the next 4 weeks on exactly what i'm going to write. Any ideas?
right time to go i think i'll be back tomorrow

be safe guys this bonfire night

love
lou lou
xxxxxx
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

posted by Lou Lou @ 7:44:00 pm  
|
About Me

Name: Lou Lou
Home: Europe
About Me: I'm 5ft 3 1/2 and i have green eyes and long brunette hair that tends to have a mind of its own
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
  • Email Me!
  • Blogroll Me!
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

BLOGGER

© 2006 Lou Lou's World! .Template by Isnaini Dot Com