Lou Lou's World!

A 30 something girl in an ordinary world

 
Admirers!
My Family
Lou Lou - Me!::::::: Hubby - Long suffering husband ::::::: Princess - My almost 11 year old daughter ::::::: Beast Dog - My collie cross (who is anything but a beast! ::::::: Arum and Scarum - My folks::::::: Sis- My little sister who is taller than me!::::::: Scarlet - My bestest friend
Medically Me!
The two biggest medical events were in 1998 when I fractured my spine and in 2003 when I had a golf ball sized benign tumour removed from my breast.
Odd Me!
I broke my wrist trying to recreate Balero on roller skates, on my own... (twat)::::::: I'm very scared of mice, but cockroaches don't really bother me!(as much)::::::: I am a bit compulsive about washing my hands ::::::: I have Singstar rating singing "Heaven is a Place on Earth!"
Random
Under Construction! - More to come here!
here it is finally!
Sunday, April 10, 2005
Blogger went down.
Don't blame me i tried really i did!
I've spent the last two evenings pissed, too pissed to turn on the pc!

anyway here's this post for now and i'll do another later
love
L
xxxxx

uno doss tres quatro
She's into superstitions black cats and voodoo dolls.
I feel a premonition that girl's gonna make me fall.
She's into new sensations new kicks in the candle light.
She's got a new addiction for every day and night.

She'll make you take your clothes off and go dancing in the rain.
She'll make you live her crazy life but she'll take away your pain
like a bullet to your brain. Come On!

[CHORUS:]
Upside, inside out she's livin la vida loca
She'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Her lips are devil red and her skin's the color mocha
She will wear you out livin la vida loca Come On!
Livin la vida loca, Come on!
She's livin la vida loca.

Yeah BABY

That is sooooooooooo me!
and so i was. livin la vida loca, with the best of them twirling my little ass off. But i had no idea it woould turn out like that.

How many times have I said i'd start dancing again and then chickened out? Well for once i felt ultra brave and me and D went off on our way to the next village. We arrived at the "working mensclub" typy place and walked in, all eyes on us, cos we're stunning laydeeez and walk to the back and into the theatre.

We push the doors open and omg there they were it was a fecking tea dance! Walzing away. D and I looked at each other and through esp decided to stay. We enrolled and joined the others.
By others, i mean the rest of the class, all a bit older than us to say the least. All expats.
Senile Sam. Bless him.
A bloke in navy shirt who scrubs up well for an older bloke
A tall goofy looking old geezer ( who is shit at dancing)
Mr i'm wearing a shirt thats meant for someone much younger since i'm 70 odd.
a few other non descript blokes.
The ladies. Mostly older, all in little strappy sandles and nice dresses ( me and D turn up in hipster jeans and t shirts and trainers!) one looks like her hubby tok as dislike to her face and hit her with a shovel, unkind i know bout would it have fecking killed her to smile? A larger lady i forget her name, she was the most fun, and a few others some younger some ancient.

The "social" ballroom bit finished and Jive class began. Our very tall male teacher, L lines us up and teaches us basic first steps, we practice to counting and then to music, and then add a bit more and a bit more. By the end of the hour to my shock i was twirling with the best of them, jiving my ass off, (hopefully literally) the oartners varied. Omg can you tell the difference. Senile sam god bless him is allover the place a nightmare of a partner. The bloke that scrubs up well speeds up and likes to do his own thing, Mr young shirt, bless him isn't quite as bad as sam. Tall goofy feezer, if his hand touches my ass i'm gonna hit him. he's away with the pixies, is he actually hearing the same music i am? And L. WOW. he can move. Light on his feet and fabulous partner even made me feel graceful!

Cos there were more ladies than men the men had to rotate and whilst we had no partners we practiced out moves. D and I are bolloxed and sweating are tits off having a blast, laughing constantly and having a great time.

Getting drinks was interesting as we ventured into slimey local territory......we did get served, we were also majorly letched at. *shiver* We went back and then there was a social dance bit, me and D grinning to each other as we get picked to jive, not sit on the chairs waiting for a partner! Although i wold have been grateful of a break!

And then a moment to get our breath back and Salsa started.

Hey mambo!

The basic moves simple another but put together a lot more complicated. I couldn't see it i really couldn't till L and his wife gave us a demo....and then it all made sence. ( they dance fabulously together) I got it. so much sooner than i expected to. L used me to partner him the first few times. Omg i felt fabulous. Fabulously gracefull and like i really really was dancing. Not just a clumsy beginner. Thats the difference between a great partner i guess. As i learnt to single twirl and triple twirl, i whizzed about, my feet whirling, my head counting, and i forgot to count and realised i can do it. i can fecking do it! And looking at my reflection i looked pretty good doing it too!

Every piece of music i hear now i'm counting. I've spent the morning practicing moves with D. Our basic jive and Salsa getting really fluid and doing it without counting. really great laugh.

So will i be going back? Try and stop me.

yeah i know they are all old, it was the first session, word will get out and hopefully a few more non senile men! Theres sadly no way on earth i can get my hubby to go. Oh god i wish he would. He'd have such a laugh...maybe i'll give him private lessons!

I have had the most fun i've had in ages without being drunk! I can't wait till next week. Gonna have to get some shoes. trainers are just a bit comersome for intricate moves..... i feel like jill half penny!

so yeah it was wonderful and i'm sorry i kept you all waiting. i did mean to get online yesterday afternon after the docs...... i'm on the meds full time now cos they have worked, the few days i've not been on them i have really noticed a difference in my dexterity and i started getting terrrble cramps in my hands again. We have found something that actually works!

I also went to hospital and saw George. i lost 2 lb! the first significant weight loss since november. I was so pleased i was almost i tears. i hope finally all the hard work will pay off and the extra weight i'm carrying will feck off. i'm not massive or anything just big for me. I can't cope mentally with being so much bigger than a 6/8. I'm a 14 and its a big difference to me.

Princess passed her swimming exams too. So it was a great day. I was so bolloxed i fell asleep on the sofa, and hubby cooked dinner ( unheard of almost)

Today i've been and taken an exam, which i have passed, been rpacticing moves with D which was a great laugh. I've been invited out tonight for a meal, we've got a bbq to go to tomorrow with some people hubby surfs with, and sunday brings hubby taking part in a 10km race, and a bbq here at our place for a few peeps. sometime in that spectrum i've got to practice some more.

I'm in the mooooooooooooood for dancing!

Love
L
xxxx

PS I'm glad i waited a day to post it i could have been soo bitchy about some people at the dancing thing. It's not nice of me to have done that so i haven't, well not really. I might post as soon as i get home next time. I was just too knakckerred to do it this time!
x

posted by Lou Lou @ 2:41:00 pm  
|
About Me

Name: Lou Lou
Home: Europe
About Me: I'm 5ft 3 1/2 and i have green eyes and long brunette hair that tends to have a mind of its own
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
  • Email Me!
  • Blogroll Me!
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

BLOGGER

© 2006 Lou Lou's World! .Template by Isnaini Dot Com